No matter what your weight is, most of us have cellulite. Cellulite is formed when fat cells push up against the skin layers causing the skin to dimple and develop a lumpy appearance.
Shockwave therapy is clinically proven to enhance and support the effects of body contouring treatments, such as cellulite and fat reduction.
Shockwave therapy, also known as ESWT, is the delivery of acoustic waves into the body, creating vibrations in the soft tissues.
Shockwave works by stimulating the fat breakdown, collagen synthesis, and lymphatic drainage.
Shockwave therapy not only breaks down fat causing cellulite, its great for lymphatic drainage speeding up fat metabolisation.
Shockwave – known also as Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) is a clinically proven treatment for cellulite reduction
RF Skin Tightening is a non surgical treatment.
Shockwave works by stimulating the fat breakdown, collagen synthesis, and lymphatic drainage. Shockwave is delivered by placing a probe up against the areas of cellulite, as it passes over the area is emits radial waves through the skin.
The treatment itself is quite noisy, making a loud knocking sound. Shockwave is a comfortable treatment and feels like a tapotement massage
Shockwave can be performed on many areas of the body including
- inner and outer thighs
The vast majority of people we see here at Totally Transformed, as long as they are over the age of 18 are able to have Shockwave Therapy done in the area of their choice.
However there are some contraindications to this treatment. It would not be safe for you to have this treatment if you suffer from any of the following health conditions.
- Pregnant or breast-feeding
- Heart conditions or Pacemaker
- Have or ever had Thrombosis or Thrombophlebitis
- Have or ever had cancer
- Auto-Immune conditions
- Heavy water retention
- Metal implant in the area.
- Auto-immune conditions
- Inflammation or infection of the area
- Coagulation disorders
- Cortisone Therapy
If you have a health condition which is not listed and you are concerned about your suitability for this treatment, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
10-30mins depending on area being treated.
Mild, can last up to 10 days post treatment, however most clients do not suffer any post-treatment sensitivities
Long term cumulative results which start to show from 2-3 weeks
duration of results
Long term results.
Although rare, some clients report mild redness, slight bruising and some tenderness after treatment.
Number of treatments
For best results, 8 – 12 treatments at weekly intervals.
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
Before coming to us for Shockwave Therapy, we recommend that you prepare to maintain a healthy lifestyle by:
- Increasing the amount of water you drink per day
- Staying within the daily recommended calories (2000 for women and 2500 for men)
- Look into healthy eating and start to make changes to your diet such as reducing carbohydrates and increasing protein/fruit/vegetables.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- Drink at least 2 litres of water per day to help flush the destroyed fat cells out of your body.
- Follow a healthy diet staying within the recommended calories (or at a deficit if you can) – Ask us about our formulated diet plans.
- Although not essential for results – body brushing and PPC Cream are great for stimulating lymphatic drainage.
- Avoid hot baths for 24 hours after a Shockwave Therapy treatment.