Radio Frequency Face Lifts
RF Face penetrates the skin layers to selectively heat the skin tissue and the extra cellular matrix where the collagen fibres are embedded. The local heating of the area being treated causes an immediate contraction of the collagen fibres, and at the same time increases the metabolism of the fibroblast in order to accelerate production of new collagen fibres and elastin fibres to create a smoother, healthier and younger looking skin.
For plumper, firmer & tighter looking skin a course of 8 is recommended.
Radio Frequency Face Lifts penetrate the skin layers to selectively heat the skin tissue and the extra cellular matrix where the collagen fibres are embedded. The local heating of the area being treated causes an immediate contraction of the collagen fibres, and at the same time increases the metabolism of the fibroblastin order to accelerate production of new collagen fibres and elastin fibres to create a smoother, healthier and younger looking skin.
RF Face is a relaxing treatment. Glycerine will be applied to the skin, this acts as a conductor for the Radio Frequency Energy. A small, round handpiece will be placed onto the skin and moved in gentle circular motions. A slight beeping noise will come from the machine, the handpiece will get warmer and warmer, building heat until it reaches 40 degrees.
The vast majority of people we see here at Totally Transformed, as long as they are over the age of 18 are able to have Radio Frequency Face Lifting done in the area of their choice.
However there are some contraindications to this treatment. It would not be safe for you to have this treatment if you suffer from any of the following health conditions.
Cancer (all forms)
Undergoing chemotherapy or immune therapy
High blood pressure (uncontrolled)
Prednisone and other steroid medications (treatment will increase inflammation)
Chemical peels and laser resurfacing
If you have a health condition which is not listed and you are concerned about your suitability for this treatment, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Usually 40-45 minutes depending on area being treated.
Mild, can last up to 48 hours post treatment, however most clients do not suffer any post-treatment sensitivities
Long term results which start to show from 1st treatment.
duration of results
Between 2 and 5 years depending on if the client chooses to have a maintenance top up after 1 year.
Although rare, some clients report mild redness, bruising and slight swelling after treatment.
Number of treatments
A course of 8 treatments is recommended
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
Before coming to us for Radio Frequency Face Lift, we recommend that you prepare to maintain a healthy lifestyle by:
- Increasing the amount of water you drink per day
- Staying within the daily recommended calories (2000 for women and 2500 for men)
- Look into healthy eating and start to make changes to your diet such as reducing carbohydrates and increasing protein/fruit/vegetables.
- Avoid sun-beds, chemical peels or exfoliation for 7 days.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- Drink at least 2 litres of water per day to help flush the destroyed fat cells out of your body.
- Follow a healthy diet staying within the recommended calories (or at a deficit if you can) – Ask us about our formulated diet plans.
- Although not essential for results – body brushing is great for stimulating lymphatic drainage.
- Avoid sunbeds for 1 week and moisturise using SPF Moisturiser.
- Avoid hot baths for 24 hours after a RF Face Lift treatment.