Water is a wonderful thing. Our body is made of, on average, 50-65% water. So it makes sense that we need to replenish water lost daily. Only 6% of British adults drink at least 2 litres of water everyday and stay hydrated! That is a staggering amount of British adults who are running the risk of being dehydrated every day!
What are the benefits of staying hydrated?
We all know our bodies need water to survive? So what are the benefits to your body? According to Medical News Today
- It delivers the oxygen throughout the body – your blood is more than 90% water!
- It makes your skin look incredible. Water helps you maintain moisture in your skin, reducing the risk of fine lines and wrinkles. It reduces puffiness, makes your skin heal faster and reduces your pore size.
- Regulates body temperature – when you get too hot, your bodies defence mechanism is to sweat. The water lost from your body during swearing needs to be replenished!
- Water can aid weight loss! Drinking water before and during meals can trick your stomach into feeling full, reducing the risk of overeating!
- Your kidneys! Your kidneys regulate the fluid in your body and when you are dehydrated, you become at risk of developing kidney stones and other problems.
- The digestive system! If you are dehydrated, it can lead to digestive problems and an overly acidic stomach. You could also become constipated.
- Waste products! Have you ever noticed your urine is dark and strong smelling? This could be a result of dehydration! Water is vital in the process of producing urine.
Its obvious, drinking water, whether it be from a tap or a bottle, is the best source of obtaining more fluid in your body. Water can come from high water content foods such as soups, tomatoes, oranges, milk and juices.
But water is boring! I don’t like the taste!
We hear this line so many times. But we always have an answer to that one. If water is boring, make it interesting!
- Fresh Fruit: Use an infuser bottle and add fresh fruit. Whatever fresh fruits you like! Our favourite fruits to add to water are sliced strawberries and crushed raspberries
- Use flavoured ice cubes: Get creative with your ice cube tray and add chopped mint, cucumber, or fruit to the water.
- Drink tea: by tea, we mean fruit and herbal teas. These types of teas contain very little caffeine .
- Squash!: Quick and easy flavour boosts such as sugar free fruit squashes make water a little more interesting!
As well as all of the health and beauty benefits, all of our face and body sculpting treatments aftercare state that clients need to drink at least 2 litres of water per day to ensure the best results!